JOIN, FIND & FOLLOW US!
The former Florida Publishers Association has made some big changes. We are now the Florida Authors and Publishers Association (FAPA) and our annual President's Book Awards are now open to authors nationwide.
See all the details, guidelines, and links to the entry form below.
This year's winners will be announced at the 2014 FAPA President's Book Awards Banquet on Saturday evening, location to be announced.
Florida Authors and Publishers Association (FAPA) is pleased to announce the guidelines for the 2015 FAPA President’s Book Awards, which recognizes book publishing excellence and creativity in design, content and production for North American authors and publishers.
Winners can also use the award to promote themselves and their books for increased sales.
Interested authors and publishers may submit one or more 2014 and 2015 English language titles (up until entry deadline) in as many of the following categories as desired:
3. Adult Fiction – General
4. Adult Fiction – Genre: Romance, Mystery/Suspense, Horror, Western, Sci-Fi
(Note: If we receive too many in one category, we will make it a separate one)
5. Adult Nonfiction
6. Young Adult Fiction
7. Young Adult Nonfiction
8. Children’s Fiction
9. Children’s Nonfiction
10. Children’s Picture (Read to Me) Book
12. Poetry Book
13. Business Book
14. Florida Fiction Book for Adults
15. Florida Nonfiction Book for Adults
16. Florida YA books (both fiction and non-fiction)
17. Florida Young Children books (both fiction and non-‐fiction)
18. Florida Children Picture (Read to Me) Book
20. Coffee Table Book
23. Health & Fitness
24. Home & Garden
26. Political/Current Events
29. Sports & Recreation
30. Short Fiction – including short stories
31. Cover Design – small format – smaller than 6 x 9
32. Cover Design – larger format – larger than 6 x 9
President's Choice Award
In addition to the awards for the categories above, FAPA’s President will select one entry each year as the President’s Choice Award. The recipient of this award will be chosen from all entries submitted and is not a category that contestants can select.
The President’s Choice Award is chosen from all entries by FAPA President Chris Angermann.
FAPA will award one Gold Medal and up to two Silver Medals in each category. Finalists will be announced by email and listed on the FAPA website the first week of July 2014. All finalists will receive at least a silver medal.
At the FAPA 2014 President’s Book Awards Banquet on August 9 (location to be announced in early 2014) medalists for each category will be honored, and the President’s Choice Award will be announced. All category winners will receive a gold or silver medal and an awards certificate, along with 20 gold or silver “Winner” stickers. President’s Choice Award winners will receive a medal and 50 stickers. Register for the 2014 FAPA President's Book Awards Banquet Here.
Additional stickers may be purchased for $45 per roll.
A FAPA-issued, award-announcement press release will be sent to the author or publisher for release to print and broadcast media and for use on the winner’s website and/or blog and social media.
1. Complete and return a separate FAPA President’s Book Awards Program entry formfor each title you are entering. Register Online.
2. Send four copies of your book for each category entered (e.g. one book entered in three categories = 12 copies of the book).
3. Send four printed PDF copies of each e-book entered book. Additionally, if you have video/audio files embedded in your e-book, send along 4 discs containing those files.
4. Include a check or money order (M.O.) for your entry(ies) to cover the appropriate fees as indicated below:
$65 (non-members) $55 (members)
$50 each additional category
$75 (non-members) $65 (members)
$50 each additional category
Example 1 - One book for three categories as early bird entry:
$65 (non-member) + $50 x 2 additional categories = $165.00
$55 (member) + $50 x 2 additional categories = $155.00
Example 2 - One book for three categories entered after March 1:
$75 (non-member) + $50 x 2 additional categories = $175.00
$65 (member) + $50 x 2 additional categories = $165.00
Please make your check or money order payable to FAPA or Florida Authors and Publishers Association, write Book Awards in the note section and attach it to your entry form. If you would like to pay using PayPal, you must complete the online entry form and choose the PayPal option. PayPal does allow for a credit card option.
4. Include a Disc with an image of your book(s) cover in high resolution (300dpi). You should put this in a padded envelope so it doesn’t get broken inside the box. We can accept either RGB or CMYK images in a JPG format. Please do not send in the native format or with drop shadows.
5. Send only materials indicated above. Marketing materials, newspaper articles, personal notes and other promotional items will be thrown away, so please do not include them.
6. Forward your entry(ies) with delivery confirmation requested if you want to know we received it by the cutoff date of Thursday, May 1, 2015. Within Florida, Media Mail (U.S. Postal Service) packages will typically arrive in 1–3 days. Priority Mail (U.S. Postal Service) packages usually arrive in one day. Outside of Florida, Media Mail times vary up to a week, and Priority Mail can take three days or longer. It is unnecessary to go to the extra expense of sending via delivery service, such as UPS or FedEx, unless you are sending on a day that is very close to the deadline of May 1. Entries received after June 1 will not be accepted.
8. Send your books, check, entry form and disc with the cover image to:
FAPA President’s Book Awards
Mark Wayne Adams, President Elect
PO Box 915822
Longwood, FL 32791
E-mail questions to: email@example.com
NOTE: FAPA reserves the right to reassign entries to categories for which they are best suited, as necessary. Additionally, when a category receives fewer than three entries, the books will be reassigned to other categories or returned with payment to the entrant.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
Deadline extended for receipt of entries. All entries submitted NO LATER THAN Thursday, May 1, 2015. Books that do not arrive at the address indicated above after the deadline will not be considered and will be returned to sender.
View the previous years' winners below! Also watch the 2013 awards announcement on YouTube.
Previous award winners can order additional decals here.
2009 Winners and Finalists
2008 Winners and Finalists
2007 Winners and Finalists
2006 Winners and Finalists
2005 Winners and Finalists