FAPA President's Book Awards
Florida Authors and Publishers Association (FAPA) is pleased to announce the guidelines for the 2016 FAPA President’s Book Awards, which recognize book publishing excellence and creativity in design, content and production for North American authors and publishers. The recipients of these awards will be chosen from entries submitted between October 15, 2015 to May 1, 2016.
Congratulations to the 2015 FAPA President's Book Awards Winners! Winners were be announced Saturday evening, at the HILTON ORLANDO LAKE BUENA VISTA in the Walt Disney World® Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
Book Awards Banquet Registration: $75 Adult / $35 Child Register now...
"Winning the two awards has certainly had a positive impact on my online book sales, during author visits, and at school presentations.” —Diane Harper, FAPA 2014 Children's Winner for Jace’s Adventure in the Forbidden Forest and Jace’s Adventure at Crystal Lagoon.
Enter Today: Register Online Now!
"Once you have received a book award, you are forever known as an award-winning author. That phrase appears on my web site, in my bio, on blog tours, in book reviews and literally anywhere I am promoting myself or my books. The award stickers that come with the award to put on your books are eye-catching and always elicit positive comments at book signings." —T. L. Williams, FAPA 2013 Winner for Adult Fiction, Cooper's Revenge; and 2014 for Winner for Adult Fiction, Unit 400: The Assassins
FAPA President's Book Awards winners receive:
Interested authors and publishers may submit one or more 2015 and 2016 English language titles (up until entry deadline) in as many of the following categories as desired:
Join FAPA Here and Renew FAPA Membership Here. If you aren’t sure whether or not your membership is current, email the VP of Member Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
FAPA will award one Gold Medal, two Silver Medals, and one Bronze Medal in each category. Medalists will be announced by email and listed on the FAPA website the first week of July. All medalists will receive at least a bronze medal.
At the FAPA President’s Book Awards Banquet, medalists for each category will be honored. All category winners will receive a gold or silver or bronze medal, and a digital certificate, along with 10 gold, silver, or bronze “Winner” stickers.
New and previous award winners can order additional decals here. Each winner will receive an e-certificate following the awards banquet.
A FAPA-issued, award-announcement press release will be sent to the author or publisher for release to print and broadcast media and for use on the winner’s website and/or blog and social media.
1. Complete and return a separate FAPA President’s Book Awards Program entry form for each title you are entering. Register Online.
2. Send four copies of your book for each category entered for the first category and three copies for each additional category. (e.g. one book entered in three categories = 10 copies of the book).
3. For the eBook category, send one electronic PDF copy of each e-book entered. By sending us the electronic PDF, you are authorizing FAPA to distribute one PDF copy to each judge involved. Send a high-quality jpg. 300 dpi of the eBook cover. Additionally, if you have video/audio files embedded in your e-book, send along 4 discs or USB flash drives containing those files.
4. For the cover categories, please send an electronic, digital PDF file of your cover which includes front, back and spine to: email@example.com.
5. Register and pay On Line
$85 (non-members) $75 (members)
$50 each additional category
$95 (non-members) $85 (members)
$60 each additional category
Example 1 - One book for three categories as early bird entry:
$85 (non-member) + $50 x 2 additional categories = $185.00
$75 (member) + $50 x 2 additional categories = $175.00
Example 2 - One book for three categories entered after March 1:
$95 (non-member) + $50 x 2 additional categories = $195.00
$85 (member) + $50 x 2 additional categories = $185.00
Please register online. You must complete the online entry form and choose the PayPal option. PayPal does allow for a credit card payment.
6. If your book is chosen as a finalist, we will then request an electronic JPG image file of your book(s) cover in high resolution (300dpi). We can accept either RGB or CMYK images in a JPG format. Please do not send in the native format or with drop shadows.
7. Send only materials indicated above. Marketing materials, newspaper articles, personal notes and other promotional items will be thrown away, so please do not include them.
8. Forward your entry(ies) with delivery confirmation requested if you want to know we received it by the cutoff date of Friday, May 19, 2016. Within Florida, Media Mail (U.S. Postal Service) packages will typically arrive in 1–3 days. Priority Mail (U.S. Postal Service) packages usually arrive in one day. Outside of Florida, Media Mail times vary up to a week, and Priority Mail can take three days or longer. It is unnecessary to go to the extra expense of sending via delivery service, such as UPS or FedEx, unless you are sending on a day that is very close to the deadline of May 15. Entries received after May 19 will not be accepted.
9. We strongly advise paying online when you register. Other types of payments take much longer to process. If you chose to send payment via check, the check should be mailed to:FAPA President’s Book AwardsVP Finance
1702 N Woodland Blvd
P.O. Box #116145
Deland, FL 32720
8. Send your books, entry form and cover image files to:
FAPA President’s Book Awards
Terri Gerrell, President
4351 Natural Bridge Road
Tallahassee, FL 32305
E-mail questions to:firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: FAPA reserves the right to reassign entries to categories for which they are best suited, as necessary. Additionally, when a category receives fewer than three entries, the books may be reassigned to other categories or returned with payment to the entrant.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
Deadline extended for receipt of entries. All entries submitted NO LATER THAN Friday, May 1, 2016. Books that do not arrive at the address indicated above after the deadline will not be considered and will be returned to sender.
Registration for the 2016 FAPA President's Book Awards Banquet Coming Soon.
View the previous years' winners below! Previous award winners can order additional decals here.
2009 Winners and Finalists
2008 Winners and Finalists
2007 Winners and Finalists
2006 Winners and Finalists
2005 Winners and Finalists